I have lots to catch up on..
Pregnancy is over..Thank goodness.
I actually didn't mind being pregnant till the very end.
Not being able to button up your pants gets real old.
I always craved something sweet specially doughnuts.
I got to the point that I couldn't cut hair without my belly touching that person.
(which seemed to make the boys uncomfortable ha)
I started to get stretch marks.
I did get a cute little baby shower from my best friend Kelsi and her momma.
The whole time being pregnant I was told there was no way I would make it to Nov. 2nd.
So October came and I was ready and everyday that pasted by I got more and more impatient.
Wednesday before my due date that was on Saturday I went in to my apt and nothing was happening..absolutely nothing. I wasn't even dilated.
Saturday came and still nothing (Rusty even went out hunting)
Sunday Monday and Tuesday
I spent those few days walking, drinking pinapple juice, eating salsa or something spicy, getting a pedicure, having sex, bouncing on a yoga ball, and getting my feet rubbed; and still nothing.
Went in for my next appointment on Tuesday and I was dialated at a 2 and 50% effaced.
Dr Falk asked me if we wanted to get things going? I was like YES please!
So he scheduled me to get induced and the hospital had an opening at 3pm on Thursday Nov. 7th.
I still tried everything to get her to come on her own.
I had a few melt downs not that being pregnant was awful but that I just wanted to meet her and to be able to work out again.
Even though i was dying for her to come I didn't feel right to take Castor oil.
The 7th came and Rusty went to school in the morning and then had taken work off to go in with me but the hospital called at 12:30 and said they had been slammed so they didn't have room for me and they'll call when they do.
That really through us off.
My mom was already on her way up, my grandparents had stayed to be here for the birth (they just got done with their mission at the Navoo temple and were on their way back to Cali) and Rusty could've went into work.
I was upset and so was Rusty so we were pretty quiet most of the day.
Rusty kept having me call when they think we could come in and to make sure they didn't forget about me.
It got to about nine that night and I was just emotionally drained I called one more time to just see if we could come the next morning because I was pretty tired and was going to sleep. She told me not to "reschedule" because then I would loose me spot in line. Rusty thought it was ridiculous that they could call at 2 in the morning and expect us to come. But we headed to bed anyways and Rusty was already out and I washed my face and turned off the light and laid down when my phone rang.
I was like you got to be kidding me..
My excitement had worn off and I was tired. (my mom had rubbed my feet and my grandma mom and i walked around the apartment complex for awhile still trying to see if I would go in on my own) But we packed up our stuff and headed to the hospital anyways.
I got in about 10:30 and from then it had started.
They had to put me on a medicine to soften my cervix more. We had to wait 4 hrs to see if it had worked before they could either give me more and wait another 4 hrs or put me on pitocin. Luckily my cervix softened enough the first time to put me on pitocin. (4am) I started to realize what a contraction actually felt like. My doc said I had been having them when i had gone in on Tuesday but I didn't notice. Anyways my mom, rusty, and i tried to get some sleep but i just couldn't. I couldn't breathe (which the nurses thought was so strange that I had allergies) and my back was starting to really hurt and little miss Rylee kept moving so much the nurse was in a lot trying to find her and put her heart monitor back on her.
So needless to say none of us really got any sleep.
Early in the morning Rusty and I tried to walk around and even sit on the yoga ball but my little girl kept moving so I had to lay back down which stunk because the ball did help ease the back labor.
Finally at 9am
Dr. Messer came in told me I was gunna have about an 8lbs baby and broke my water.
(I really liked her better than Dr Falk)
My contractions were now becoming closer together and my back was getting worse.
20 min later My nurse Tammy asked if I wanted some pain meds to take the edge off.
Eww that was a bad decision. The second it got into my system I could not stay awake. I felt so tired but it didn't take the edge off. I could feel every contraction and still feel my back ache but I couldn't do anything about it. I spent the next hour trying to wake myself up and complaining to Rusty that i hated it.
It finally wore off and I said "no more of that just give me the epidural."
Part of me wanted to try to see if I could do it all natural but the other part was saying you can make this go away why wouldn't you. I honestly believe that I couldn't done it without the epidural but my back hurt so dang bad.
The doc came in to do the epidural and I jumped and apologized cuz they said you have to hold still while they put in in. My back started to feel better and that's all i wanted it for. They laid me on my right side for awhile to help numb my right leg that I could still feel.
Little Miss Rylee had a few "dips" on the heart monitor and the nurse came in quick but it would jump back up and so as long as it would do that she was okay.
Rusty and I were glued to her heart screen after that..
3pm I started to push.
Oh my gosh no one prepared me for this one.
I did not know that for every contraction you had to push three times. So you would start having a contraction and you had to take a deep breath and hold it for 10 sec and do that three times. Well by the third breath you were out of air to really even push! And then you'd have another contraction and you did it all over again. Not to mention I hadn't had food since 10 the night before. They had to stick an oxygen mask on me to make sure the baby was getting enough air. The mask was to big for my face so it was drying out my contacts. It seemed like forever trying to get her to come. I was so tired that i wanted to just give up and sleep. My contraction monitor didn't always read when I was having one but I could feel it. (The epidural didn't numb me completely, my right leg I could still move even after laying on that side to get it to numb more) So I told the doc and my nurse when I was having one and a few times I thought to not tell them to let me rest a few more seconds but the doc could feel i was having one and would ask if I was and I just couldn't lie! It got to the point that I would just close my eyes after each contractions. I was so tired..My doc said I was doing good and something that i didn't know what what a real push was like. Sometimes she'd tell me that was a really good push and then others not so i had to think what was the difference. I noticed that I had to hold my push and then really think about rolling it down my belly. Not to mention you had to hold your legs that was just dead weight. Rusty was helping me hold my leg but to come to think about it he was helping with the leg i could kinda move I needed more help with the other one ha. Dr. Messer told me I had a ring of muscle that didn't stretch and I was gunna tare and asked if she could cut me. I couldn't remember which one was worse but I told her she could anyways. A few pushes later she was out.
After 17 hrs of labor Baby Rylee Diann Edwards was born at 4:11 pm.
She weighed 8pounds on the dot and measured 20 3/4 inches long.
Rusty guessed she would weigh 7 14 my mom said 7 12 and I went with the doc and guessed 8.
If she hadn't come when she did I don't think I could have pushed any longer.
She came out and the nurse kept saying come on baby you gotta cry..Not that something was wrong she just isn't a crier even 4 weeks later!
Holding her for the first time I did start to cry. There was the beautiful little girl that was in my belly the last 9 months. And her cry was just so dang cute! I loved that she was an 8lb baby. Her little rolls were just the cutest little thing.
Rusty followed her around like a puppy. He wanted to hold her. It was so cute!
Dr. Messer showed me the placenta.
I told her I would see it but I didn't want to eat it...haha I would say that.
I could finally breathe. You don't realize how much you couldn't breathe till she was out.
And all the sudden I wasn't tired anymore but I wanted a cream filled doughnut.
(which Grandma got me one)
Most of the family was there Josh and Aubrey even brought Rusty and I panda express.
Grandpa
Uncle Josh
Grandma
Great Grandma
Great Grandpa
Cousin Skylar
Uncle Josh
Aunt Aubrey and Josh
Cousin Leah
Aunt Cherish
Aunt Ashley took most of these pictures but couldn't hold Rylee till a couple weeks later cuz she was sick
The hospital was so busy we didn't even get into the postpartum room till around 8.
Rusty was out on the couch. I just couldn't sleep. I took a percoset to help my stitches that hurt so dang bad. So between that hurting and the excitement that she was here I couldn't sleep.
She didn't get her first bath till like 5 in the morning. Which she was awake and just chilling with me about an hour before.
We took a walk to get out and give Rylee some sun.

Little Miss Sky loves to hold baby Rylee. She comes up and says "I washed my hands. "
(Meaning can I hold her)

She already has mommy and daddy wrapped around her finger.
We love her and so glad she is apart of our lives.
Pregnancy is over..Thank goodness.
I actually didn't mind being pregnant till the very end.
Not being able to button up your pants gets real old.
I always craved something sweet specially doughnuts.
I got to the point that I couldn't cut hair without my belly touching that person.
(which seemed to make the boys uncomfortable ha)
I started to get stretch marks.
I did get a cute little baby shower from my best friend Kelsi and her momma.
The whole time being pregnant I was told there was no way I would make it to Nov. 2nd.
So October came and I was ready and everyday that pasted by I got more and more impatient.
Wednesday before my due date that was on Saturday I went in to my apt and nothing was happening..absolutely nothing. I wasn't even dilated.
Saturday came and still nothing (Rusty even went out hunting)
Sunday Monday and Tuesday
I spent those few days walking, drinking pinapple juice, eating salsa or something spicy, getting a pedicure, having sex, bouncing on a yoga ball, and getting my feet rubbed; and still nothing.
Went in for my next appointment on Tuesday and I was dialated at a 2 and 50% effaced.
Dr Falk asked me if we wanted to get things going? I was like YES please!
So he scheduled me to get induced and the hospital had an opening at 3pm on Thursday Nov. 7th.
I still tried everything to get her to come on her own.
I had a few melt downs not that being pregnant was awful but that I just wanted to meet her and to be able to work out again.
Even though i was dying for her to come I didn't feel right to take Castor oil.
The 7th came and Rusty went to school in the morning and then had taken work off to go in with me but the hospital called at 12:30 and said they had been slammed so they didn't have room for me and they'll call when they do.
That really through us off.
My mom was already on her way up, my grandparents had stayed to be here for the birth (they just got done with their mission at the Navoo temple and were on their way back to Cali) and Rusty could've went into work.
I was upset and so was Rusty so we were pretty quiet most of the day.
Rusty kept having me call when they think we could come in and to make sure they didn't forget about me.
It got to about nine that night and I was just emotionally drained I called one more time to just see if we could come the next morning because I was pretty tired and was going to sleep. She told me not to "reschedule" because then I would loose me spot in line. Rusty thought it was ridiculous that they could call at 2 in the morning and expect us to come. But we headed to bed anyways and Rusty was already out and I washed my face and turned off the light and laid down when my phone rang.
I was like you got to be kidding me..
My excitement had worn off and I was tired. (my mom had rubbed my feet and my grandma mom and i walked around the apartment complex for awhile still trying to see if I would go in on my own) But we packed up our stuff and headed to the hospital anyways.
I got in about 10:30 and from then it had started.
They had to put me on a medicine to soften my cervix more. We had to wait 4 hrs to see if it had worked before they could either give me more and wait another 4 hrs or put me on pitocin. Luckily my cervix softened enough the first time to put me on pitocin. (4am) I started to realize what a contraction actually felt like. My doc said I had been having them when i had gone in on Tuesday but I didn't notice. Anyways my mom, rusty, and i tried to get some sleep but i just couldn't. I couldn't breathe (which the nurses thought was so strange that I had allergies) and my back was starting to really hurt and little miss Rylee kept moving so much the nurse was in a lot trying to find her and put her heart monitor back on her.
So needless to say none of us really got any sleep.
Early in the morning Rusty and I tried to walk around and even sit on the yoga ball but my little girl kept moving so I had to lay back down which stunk because the ball did help ease the back labor.
Finally at 9am
Dr. Messer came in told me I was gunna have about an 8lbs baby and broke my water.
(I really liked her better than Dr Falk)
My contractions were now becoming closer together and my back was getting worse.
20 min later My nurse Tammy asked if I wanted some pain meds to take the edge off.
Eww that was a bad decision. The second it got into my system I could not stay awake. I felt so tired but it didn't take the edge off. I could feel every contraction and still feel my back ache but I couldn't do anything about it. I spent the next hour trying to wake myself up and complaining to Rusty that i hated it.
It finally wore off and I said "no more of that just give me the epidural."
Part of me wanted to try to see if I could do it all natural but the other part was saying you can make this go away why wouldn't you. I honestly believe that I couldn't done it without the epidural but my back hurt so dang bad.
The doc came in to do the epidural and I jumped and apologized cuz they said you have to hold still while they put in in. My back started to feel better and that's all i wanted it for. They laid me on my right side for awhile to help numb my right leg that I could still feel.
Little Miss Rylee had a few "dips" on the heart monitor and the nurse came in quick but it would jump back up and so as long as it would do that she was okay.
Rusty and I were glued to her heart screen after that..
3pm I started to push.
Oh my gosh no one prepared me for this one.
I did not know that for every contraction you had to push three times. So you would start having a contraction and you had to take a deep breath and hold it for 10 sec and do that three times. Well by the third breath you were out of air to really even push! And then you'd have another contraction and you did it all over again. Not to mention I hadn't had food since 10 the night before. They had to stick an oxygen mask on me to make sure the baby was getting enough air. The mask was to big for my face so it was drying out my contacts. It seemed like forever trying to get her to come. I was so tired that i wanted to just give up and sleep. My contraction monitor didn't always read when I was having one but I could feel it. (The epidural didn't numb me completely, my right leg I could still move even after laying on that side to get it to numb more) So I told the doc and my nurse when I was having one and a few times I thought to not tell them to let me rest a few more seconds but the doc could feel i was having one and would ask if I was and I just couldn't lie! It got to the point that I would just close my eyes after each contractions. I was so tired..My doc said I was doing good and something that i didn't know what what a real push was like. Sometimes she'd tell me that was a really good push and then others not so i had to think what was the difference. I noticed that I had to hold my push and then really think about rolling it down my belly. Not to mention you had to hold your legs that was just dead weight. Rusty was helping me hold my leg but to come to think about it he was helping with the leg i could kinda move I needed more help with the other one ha. Dr. Messer told me I had a ring of muscle that didn't stretch and I was gunna tare and asked if she could cut me. I couldn't remember which one was worse but I told her she could anyways. A few pushes later she was out.
After 17 hrs of labor Baby Rylee Diann Edwards was born at 4:11 pm.
She weighed 8pounds on the dot and measured 20 3/4 inches long.
Rusty guessed she would weigh 7 14 my mom said 7 12 and I went with the doc and guessed 8.
If she hadn't come when she did I don't think I could have pushed any longer.
She came out and the nurse kept saying come on baby you gotta cry..Not that something was wrong she just isn't a crier even 4 weeks later!
Holding her for the first time I did start to cry. There was the beautiful little girl that was in my belly the last 9 months. And her cry was just so dang cute! I loved that she was an 8lb baby. Her little rolls were just the cutest little thing.
Rusty followed her around like a puppy. He wanted to hold her. It was so cute!
Dr. Messer showed me the placenta.
I told her I would see it but I didn't want to eat it...haha I would say that.
I could finally breathe. You don't realize how much you couldn't breathe till she was out.
And all the sudden I wasn't tired anymore but I wanted a cream filled doughnut.
(which Grandma got me one)
Most of the family was there Josh and Aubrey even brought Rusty and I panda express.
Grandpa
Uncle Josh
Grandma
Great Grandma
Great Grandpa
Uncle Josh
Aunt Aubrey and Josh
Cousin Leah
Aunt Cherish
The hospital was so busy we didn't even get into the postpartum room till around 8.
Rusty was out on the couch. I just couldn't sleep. I took a percoset to help my stitches that hurt so dang bad. So between that hurting and the excitement that she was here I couldn't sleep.
She didn't get her first bath till like 5 in the morning. Which she was awake and just chilling with me about an hour before.
She had lost a little bit after being born but would gain it back once my milk came in.
Saturday Afternoon we were anxious to get home and be able to sleep in our own beds.
Sean and Lindsay came over to meet Miss Rylee.
Rusty and I had gone to the cafeteria and we were sitting there and Rusty turned to me and said "I already miss her!" It was weird already to be away from her.
I physically missed her anytime I wasn't with her. While being pregnant you worried you wouldn't feel love for your child. But it comes naturally. Being a mom did come naturally for me. I already worried and was protective and wanted to just be with her and hold her even if i was only having a couple hours of sleep.
Saturday night we got to go home.
Sunday my grandparents left but my dad came back up and brought Kortnee who had basketball games.
We took a walk to get out and give Rylee some sun.
Sunday night we went to Josh and Aubrey's for dinner.
(Meaning can I hold her)
My mom stayed with us till Monday night.
It was nice to have someone around so you felt like you knew what you were doing!
She is the best and you can tell she loves being a grandma!
That sums up that whole weekend.
She already has mommy and daddy wrapped around her finger.
We love her and so glad she is apart of our lives.




























No comments:
Post a Comment